Student Financial Resources
Financial Aid for a Better Future
In 2017 alone, FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) provided potential access to nearly $22 million in federal grant funds.
As a collective impact organization, ImpactTulsa is working alongside more than 20 Tulsa area school districts, close to 10 postsecondary institutions, and numerous community and business partners to increase FAFSA completion rates and enable students to pursue postsecondary education.
Our aim is to raise awareness about federal funding opportunities and encourage students to take advantage of what is available to them. ImpactTulsa does this through dedicated trainings, workshops, and ready-made resources, all designed to help students and parents navigate FAFSA forms and gain access to financial aid for a better future.
It’s estimated that, by 2025, 77% of Oklahoma jobs will require education and training beyond a high school diploma. Currently, only 39% of Tulsa county adults hold an associate degree. This needs to change.
The FAFSA determines a student’s eligibility for student financial aid. Simply put, it acts as a gatekeeper between students and the numerous grants, loans, and programs designed to help them pursue higher education.
What The Data Says
- Up to 100% of tuition fees can be covered through FAFSA mediated grants
- Only 58% of Tulsa area seniors completed their FAFSA forms in the 2018-2019 school year
- 90% of seniors who complete the FAFSA enroll directly into college, as compared to the 55% who don’t complete the form
Types of Federal Aid
With millions of dollars left unclaimed in student funding programs, it’s important to know the available options. Completing the FAFSA brings students one step closer to accessing:
- Pell Grants: up to $6,195
- Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (FSEOG): up to $4,000
- Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education (TEACH) Grant: up to $4,000
- Direct Subsidized Loans: up to $5,500
- Direct Unsubsidized Loans: up to $20,500
- Federal Perkins Loans: up to $5,500
- Federal Work-Study Job opportunities
Tulsa Area FAFSA Workshops
Check our workshops to learn about:
- What documents you need and how to work through each step of the FAFSA
- The most common problems and misconceptions around FAFSA and how to overcome them