– FAFSA for Undocumented Students –



Don’t have a social security number?

Undocumented students are not eligible for federal aid when they fill out the FAFSA, but FAFSA results will give undocumented students a personal student aid report that can be submitted to apply for other forms of aid. Follow the instructions below to apply for college funding.


What is DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals)?

On June 15, 2012, the Secretary of Homeland Security announced that certain people who came to the United States as children and meet several key guidelines may request consideration of deferred action for a period of two years, subject to renewal, and would then be eligible for work authorization. 


You may request consideration of DACA if you:


  • Were under the age of 31 as of June 15, 2012;
  • Came to the United States before reaching your 16th birthday;
  • Have continuously resided in the United States since June 15, 2007 up to the present time;
  • Were physically present in the United States on June 15, 2012, and at the time of making your request for consideration of deferred action with USCIS;
  • Had no lawful status on June 15, 2012 meaning that:
    • You never had a lawful immigration status on or before June 15, 2012, or
    • Any lawful immigration status or parole that you obtained prior to June 15, 2012, had expired as of June 12, 2012;
  • Are currently in school, have graduated or obtained a certificate of completion from high school, have obtained a General Educational Development (GED) certificate, or are an honorably discharged veteran of the Coast Guard or Armed Forces of the United States; and
  • Have not been convicted of a felony, a significant misdemeanor, three or more other misdemeanors, and do not otherwise pose a threat to national security or public safety.

Step 1: Obtain Social Security Number Eligibility


First, complete the DACA (I-821D) and work authorization (I-765, or EAD) forms below to obtain Social Security Number eligibility.


DACA (I-821D)

USCIS is not accepting new applications at the present time. However, students who had DACA before may renew it by clicking here.


Information about DACA Clinics:

Follow: Dream Act Oklahoma- Tulsa on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/DreamActOklahomaTulsa/
What if I don’t qualify for DACA?  Contact one of the providers below for a consultation to learn what your options are.  Even if you don’t qualify for DACA, you can still access some scholarship opportunities.


Work Authorization (I-765 or EAD)


I-765 Worksheet


Form G-1145


Additional resources and instructions for filling out these forms can be found here.

Step 2: Complete the FAFSA 

For a detailed, step-by-step process about how to fill out the FAFSA application for students who have DACA click either of the links below to view/download a reference guide.


United We Dream Reference Guide


US Dept of Education Reference Guide

Step 3: Check for OTAG and other financial aid eligibility

Next, you will receive a Student Aid Report for submission to Oklahoma Tuition Aid Grant (OTAG), colleges, scholarships and additional forms of aid. Apply early, because state funding runs out fast.

Step 4: Check for Additional Resources

Local Resources

TCC Education Outreach Center – to assist, inform and empower populations traditionally underserved in Higher Education


TCC Child Development Scholarships – scholarships for early childhood development majors


YWCA Immigration – providing legal representation in immigration matters to vulnerable immigrants in the Tulsa community


Catholic Charities (Tulsa)


Catholic Charities (OKC)


TU Law’s Tulsa Immigrant Resource Network (TIRN)