Launched in 2014, ImpactTulsa serves as a collective impact backbone entity that aligns partners and resources to improve educational outcomes for students in the Tulsa area. The partnership includes leaders from education, business, philanthropy, nonprofit, civic and faith communities with a vision that all students are guaranteed a high-quality education. ImpactTulsa is a subsidiary of the Tulsa Community Foundation and a member of the StriveTogether national network. Its 15 school district partners represent over 170,000 students in the Tulsa region. Working with its education, business and nonprofit partners, ImpactTulsa compiles data and measures academic success to identify and share best practices from the region and across the United States that help students reach their full potential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The senior data analyst serves a primary role in advancing the research and analytic needs of ImpactTulsa, school districts, and nonprofit partners. The senior data analyst will fulfill analytic needs across the organization. The individual in this position should have experience in building data capabilities and using data for making data-informed decisions to drive action. The individual will promote the effective use and communication of data to continuously improve, drive strategy, and accelerate outcomes for populations facing persistent disparities and opportunity gaps.
This position is responsible for the following key roles within the partnership:
- Develop complex data analysis, methodologies, and predictive data models for assessing academic outcomes.
- Develop and lead projects that include a variety of advanced qualitative and quantitative analytic assignments related to PreK-12 and post-secondary education.
- Collect, analyze, and report county, city, and school district data.
- Provide relevant data-related reports to ImpactTulsa leadership, collaborative action networks, and key community stakeholders for decision-making, action planning, and continuous improvement.
- Provide technical assistance and support for improving data tracking, collection, systems, and build understanding among partners about the effective use of data.
- Guide data analysis strategies for using disaggregated data for addressing systemic inequities and opportunity gaps.
- Demonstrate effective communication and presentation of disaggregated data for avoiding deficit-based framing for populations facing persistent disparity gaps.
- Develop systems and tools for effective data management, visualization & interpretation (systems design, dashboards, information graphics, mapping, Tableau).
- Support implementation of continuous improvement processes and collaborative action networks.
- Coordinate data collection with external partners and internally manage datasets.
- Proficiently use statistical programming software such as STATA, Python, SPSS, R, SAS (STATA preferred) to create statistical, regression, and econometric models.
- Generate statistical models and advanced code for conducting student outcome analyses.
- Create, restructure, and manage large datasets, files, and systems.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research and use mixed-method approaches to data analysis.
- Write technical memos that document data processing decisions and summarize the quality of data.
- Develop and implement project plans and serve as project lead on multiple projects and tasks.
- Analyze and synthesize research findings into key insights for stakeholders
- Create research papers and policy briefs.
- Assist in the design, implementation, and enforcement of data infrastructure, security and system policies.
Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred with three or more years of relevant work experience.
Desired Administrative Skills:
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment managing multiple priorities
- Ability to communicate results of complex analytic findings to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Exhibit strong analytic, technical, trouble-shooting, and problem-solving skills.
- Technical and data manipulation experience with Excel (pivot tables, VLOOKUP),
- Excellent attention to detail and timelines
- Embrace ImpactTulsa’s values of racial equity, diversity, and inclusion by working with and supporting diverse people and groups of different identities including: racial, ethnic, nationality, sexual orientation, gender, disability, religion, and socioeconomic status.
- Occasional overnight travel will be required.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly motivated professional to assume a pivotal role in a highly visible action oriented education organization. Our compensation package is commensurate with experience and includes a competitive based salary as well as health and vacation benefits.
To apply, click here.