Based on the StriveTogether model for collective impact, ImpactTulsa partners with local philanthropic partners, pre-K to12 school districts, postsecondary institutions, businesses, nonprofits, faith-based groups, the Mayor’s Office, Tulsa Regional Chamber, and the Tulsa Area United Way. Incorporated in May 2014, ImpactTulsa is an operating fiscal subsidiary of Tulsa Community Foundation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
ImpactTulsa’s Post-Secondary Initiatives Manager position is a part of the backbone staff of the organization supporting education throughout Tulsa County. This position will serve a key role in leading the work of ImpactTulsa in college and career readiness. Key responsibilities include providing strategy for post-secondary work, building college and career action networks, and scaling best practices. Action networks include cross-sector partners from education, business, nonprofit, faith, civic, social service, and philanthropic entities.
The Post-Secondary Initiatives Manager works closely with the Senior Director of Education and Collaborative Action, community stakeholders, school districts and the data team to establish systems, maintain consistent communication among partners, and establish collaborative action plans to improve college and career outcomes.
- Design and implement ImpactTulsa’s college to career efforts in partnership with business leaders and postsecondary institutions.
- Lead FAFSA and Oklahoma Promise initiatives in partnership with ImpactTulsa’s 15 partner school districts.
- Develop and cultivate relationships with community stakeholders, including leaders in education, business, nonprofit, faith, civic, social service, and philanthropic entities to advance post-secondary work.
- Manage, coach, facilitate, and provide technical assistance to action networks to develop plans, achieve objectives, and complete deliverables.
- Build the capacity of partners to utilize the continuous improvement process to improve student outcomes.
- Provide project management support and develop process improvement frameworks and tools to support action networks and other community partners.
- Create and execute multiple project action plans to support priorities as defined by the partnership.
- Support the ongoing collaborative work of the partnership by filling a variety of community support roles, including the coordination of group meetings, events, and presentations.
- Work closely with communications and data teams to collect, compile, and analyze data for partner and community reports.
- Work with communications to produce media materials highlighting post-secondary initiatives.
Qualifications & Requirements
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred with three or more years of relevant work experience in similar non-profit, education, or community development organization.
Skills & Requirements
The ideal candidate is highly collaborative and has strong networking and communication capabilities to connect partners. He or she has excellent project management and organizational skills, with exceptional written and oral communication skills. This candidate can provide reliable, timely customer service for community action networks, stakeholders and other partners. This candidate must be able to lead and facilitate in person meetings.
Other Skills & Requirements
This candidate must be able to utilize MS Office Suite as well as other reporting software. He or she must be able to travel to community stakeholders, action networks and other partners on a daily basis. This candidate must be able to travel nationally overnight on occasion. This candidate must be able to lift 25 pounds.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly motivated professional to assume a pivotal role in a highly visible action oriented education organization. Our compensation package is commensurate with experience and includes a competitive based salary as well as health and vacation benefits.
To apply for the Post-Secondary Initiatives Manager position click here.