Launched in 2014, ImpactTulsa serves as a collective impact backbone entity that aligns partners and resources to improve educational outcomes for students in the Tulsa area. The partnership includes leaders from education, business, philanthropy, nonprofit, civic and faith communities with a vision that all students are guaranteed a high-quality education. ImpactTulsa is a subsidiary of the Tulsa Community Foundation and a member of the StriveTogether national network. Its 15 school district partners represent over 170,000 students in the Tulsa region. Working with its education, business and nonprofit partners, ImpactTulsa compiles data and measures academic success to identify and share best practices from the region and across the United States that help students reach their full potential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
ImpactTulsa’s Director of Public Relations and Communications position is a part of the backbone staff of the organization supporting education throughout Tulsa County. The Director of Public Relations and Communications is responsible for developing and implementing the external and internal communication strategy for ImpactTulsa. The Director of Public Relations and Communications reports to the Senior Director of Strategy and Operations. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Marketing and Communications
- Create compelling, persuasive, relevant, and accurate communications materials that will introduce the work of ImpactTulsa, engage community members, and build community support for the Partnership.
- Lead editorial direction, design, production and distribution of ImpactTulsa publications, including the annual Community Impact Report.
- Develop and write compelling content for industry news, press releases, blog posts, feature stories, speaking points, etc.
- Maintain ImpactTulsa’s communication platforms (website, newsletters, facebook, twitter, etc).
- Coordinate media requests for ImpactTulsa and ensure regular contact with target media.
- Coordinate the appearance of all ImpactTulsa print and electronic materials such as letterhead, use of logo, brochures, etc.
- Manage relationships with marketing and communications vendors.
- Ability to be consistently reliable and present in order to facilitate staff and vendor relationships as well as attend, present and lead meetings regularly.
- Lead special projects as assigned, such as special events, re-branding/website development, fundraising campaign communications plan, etc.
Strategic Planning and Budgeting
- Create, implement, and measure the success of a comprehensive marketing and communications strategy for internal and external communications.
- Create evaluation systems, including benchmarks, for public relations/communications goals and report progress to the Executive Director.
- Develop, implement, and monitor systems and procedures necessary for implementation of communications strategy.
- Develop short and long-term budgets for public relations and communications, monitor progress, and evaluate performance.
Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred with three or more years of relevant work experience.
The ideal candidate is highly collaborative and has strong networking and communication capabilities to connect partners. They have the ability to work in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment managing multiple priorities. The ideal candidate embraces ImpactTulsa’s value of diversity, equity, and inclusion by working with and supporting diverse people and groups of different identities including: racial, ethnic, nationality, sexual orientation, gender, disability, religion, and socioeconomic status. They have excellent project management and organizational skills, with exceptional written and oral communication skills. Additionally, the ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Proven track record of developing and executing highly effective communications strategies.
- Strong, persuasive writer and detail-oriented editor.
- Experience with digital marketing techniques and targeted social media outreach.
- Knowledge of public education issues and/or experience creating high-impact advocacy campaigns.
- Ability to connect people and ideas to one another.
- High standard of quality and attention to detail.
- Entrepreneurial and creative spirit.
- Service minded with strong desire to work with partners and stakeholders to provide responsive, respectful customer service.
- Some travel required, occasional overnight travel.
- Must be ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
- Must be able to provide individual transport to inter-state locations frequently.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly motivated professional to assume a pivotal role in a highly visible action oriented education organization. Our compensation package is commensurate with experience and includes a competitive based salary as well as health and vacation benefits.
To apply, click here.