The senior data analyst will join ImpactTulsa’s backbone staff supporting education throughout Tulsa County. Based on the StriveTogether model for collective impact, the ImpactTulsa partnership is supported by local philanthropic partners, pre-K through12 school districts, postsecondary institutions, Tulsa Regional Chamber, and the Tulsa Area United Way. Incorporated in May 2014, ImpactTulsa is an operating fiscal subsidiary of Tulsa Community Foundation.
To learn more about ImpactTulsa, visit http://impacttulsa.org.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The senior data analyst serves a primary role in advancing the research and analytic needs of ImpactTulsa, school districts, and nonprofit partners. The senior data analyst will fulfill analytic needs across the organization. The individual in this position should have experience in building capacity for utilizing data to make data-informed decisions and drive action.
This position is responsible for the following key roles within the partnership:
- Developing complex data analysis, methodologies, and predictive data models for assessing education outcomes.
- Developing and leading projects that include a variety of advanced qualitative and quantitativeanalytic assignments related topre-K through12 and postsecondary education.
- Collecting, analyzing, and reporting county, city, and school district data.
- Providing relevant data-related reports to ImpactTulsa leadership, collaborative action networks, and key community stakeholders for decision-making, action planning, and continuous improvement.
- Providing technical assistance and building understanding among partners about the effective use of data.
- Developingsystems and tools for effective data management, visualization and interpretation (systems design, dashboards, information graphics,mapping, Tableau).
- Supporting implementation of continuous improvement processes
Bachelor’s degree in statistics, mathematics, economics, education, social sciences, or related fields required with one or more years of relevant work experience. Master’s degree preferred.
Senior Data Analyst Responsibilities:
- Coordinate data collection with external partners and internally manage datasets.
- Proficiently use statistical programming software such as STATA, Python, SPSS, R, SAS (STATA preferred) to create statistical, regression,and econometric models.
- Generate statistical models and advanced codefor conducting student outcome analyses.
- Create, restructure, and manage large datasets, files, and systems.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research and use mixed-method approaches to data analysis.
- Write technical memos that document data processing decisions and summarize the quality of data.
- Analyze and synthesize research findings into key insights for stakeholders.
- Create research papers and policy briefs.
- Assist in the design, implementation, and enforcement of data infrastructure, security and system policies.
Desired Administrative Skills:
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment managing multiple priorities
- Project management and organizational skills
- Research, writing, and communication skills
- Ability to communicate results of complex analytic findings to both technical and non-technical audiences
Exhibit strong analytic, technical, trouble-shooting, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (especially Word, PowerPoint, Access, and Excel)
- Technical and data manipulation experience with Excel (pivot tables, VLOOKUP)
- Excellent attention to detail and timelines
This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly motivated individual to assume a pivotal role in a highly visible, action oriented collective impact organization. Our compensation package is commensurate with experience and includes a competitive based salary as well as health and vacation benefits.
Some on-the-job training is provided. The position reports to the Director of Research and Analysis.
To apply for the Senior Data Analyst position click here.