Director of Research and Analysis
Overview of ImpactTulsa
Based on the StriveTogether model, ImpactTulsa works with local philanthropic partners, school districts, postsecondary institutions, businesses, nonprofits, faith-based groups, civic entities, and the Tulsa Area United Way to improve education outcomes utilizing collective impact. Incorporated in May 2014, ImpactTulsa is an operating fiscal subsidiary of Tulsa Community Foundation.
To learn more about ImpactTulsa, visit http://impacttulsa.org.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Director of Research and Analysis will serve as the data strategist for ImpactTulsa and will manage the collection, interpretation, and clear dissemination of data to support ImpactTulsa’s activities to improve student outcomes. He or she will report to the Executive Director.
- Work collaboratively with education professionals, data analysts, and other partners to support ImpactTulsa outcomes.
- Manage and support the design of data collection.
- Oversee an efficient, secure, and effective data management system to collect, store, and analyze data.
- Review data to determine key research questions and methods.
- Synthesize relevant education data into clear messaging that outlines progress and highlights challenges.
- Present data on ImpactTulsa’s outcome indicators and/or initiatives via written reports and oral presentations.
- Provide data and analysis for the production of an annual community-wide education report card.
- Coach, facilitate, and provide technical assistance to ImpactTulsa’s district and community partners to achieve goals and complete deliverables.
- Develop continuous improvement processes and tools to educate and support action networks.
- Lead ImpactTulsa’s data council, consisting of members from partnership organizations directly involved in student assessments, evaluation, curriculum/instruction, research and/or data management.
- Supervise one full-time data analyst.
- Assist in other ImpactTulsa initiatives as needed.
Bachelor’s degree required with three  or more years of relevant work experience. Master’s degree preferred. Experience and/or expertise in a statistical programming software (Stata, SAS, SPSS, etc.). Experience in continuous improvement preferred. Demonstrated success in facilitating multidisciplinary or multi-organizational teams desired.
Commitment to working collaboratively with constituent groups, including staff, leadership council members, civic leaders, volunteers, donors, and other community partners.
- Ability to work at both strategic and tactical levels.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage details and work independently.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of k-12 or higher education systems and/or workforce development highly desired.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a motivated professional to assume a pivotal role in a highly visible, action oriented education organization. The compensation package is commensurate with experience and includes a competitive based salary and benefits.
Interested parties please send resumé to Kathy Seibold at Kathy.firstname.lastname@example.org.