The data analyst will join ImpactTulsa’s backbone staff supporting education throughout Tulsa County. Based on the StriveTogether model for collective impact, the ImpactTulsa partnership is supported by local philanthropic partners, pre-K-12 school districts, postsecondary institutions, Tulsa Regional Chamber of Commerce, and the Tulsa Area United Way. Incorporated in May 2014, ImpactTulsa is an operating fiscal subsidiary of Tulsa Community Foundation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The data analyst serves a primary role in supporting the work of Early Learning student outcomes in kindergarten readiness and third-grade reading. In addition, the data analyst will assist with analytic needs across the organization. The individual in this position should have experience in building capacity for utilizing data to make data-informed decisions and drive action.
This position is responsible for three key roles within the partnership:
- supporting the collection, analysis, and reporting of community data
- providing relevant data to ImpactTulsa leadership, collaborative action networks, and key community stakeholders for decision-making, action planning, and continuous improvement; and
- supporting the training and implementation of continuous improvement processes.
Bachelor’s degree in statistics, mathematics, economics, education, social sciences, or related fields required with one  or more years of relevant work experience. Master’s degree preferred.
Data Analyst Responsibilities:
- Coordinate data collection with external partners and internally manage datasets
- Use statistical programming language such as STATA, SPSS, R, SAS (STATA preferred) to create community outcome measures, restructure data files, and perform data-cleaning
- Run statistical models to conduct student outcome analyses
- Write technical memos that document data processing decisions and summarize the quality of data
- Assist with conducting qualitative and quantitative research and approaches to data analysis
- Analyze and synthesize research findings into key insights for stakeholders
Desired Administrative Skills:
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment managing multiple priorities
- Project management and organizational skills
- Research, writing, and communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office (especially Word, PowerPoint, Access, and Excel)
- Excellent attention to detail and timelines
This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly motivated individual to assume a pivotal role in a highly visible, action oriented collective impact organization. Our compensation package is commensurate with experience and includes a competitive based salary as well as health and vacation benefits.
Some on-the-job training is provided. The position reports to the Director of Research and Analysis.
For interested candidates, please send your cover letter and resume to Janell Chery, Director of Research and Analysis, at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we determine your background and experience meets our hiring needs, we will contact you with further instructions.